Find Your Local Centre
About our Programmes
Tumble Tots Shop
New Items in our shop.
Tumble Tots - walking to 2 years programme
Now that your child has started to walk confidently they will attempt a varied range of tasks on various pieces of equipment improving motor skills particularly in balance and co-ordination. Your child will also be introduced to nursery/body identification rhymes and action songs helping towards language development. Again with the assistance of parents/carers, the classes gently stimulate body awareness and encourage the confident walker to attempt climbing, jumping and rolling.
Aims and Objectives
- Develop their motor skills in aspects of Agility, Balance, Climbing and Co-ordination by providing a specific range of equipment to encourage them to learn how to control their movements more precisely.
- Build on their interest in words through body identification action songs which are specially chosen to encourage language development.
- Provide a class structure that allows them the opportunity to explore freely.
- Teach them to watch and copy or follow simple instructions.
- Encourage children to take turns and to share.
- Help them to be more independent by teaching them how to go up and down, climb ladders and balance on different equipment.
- Develop their self-motivation and confidence by constantly introducing new challenges, which are within their capabilities.
- Introduction to the feeling of well being which is produced when physical exercise releases tension to leave a pleasurable feeling of relaxation.
- Widen their social relationship and help to develop their social skills.
- New challenges to keep child self-motivated and constantly gaining confidence.