The Distribution Assistant reports to and assists the Distribution Supervisor in all stock and warehouse related duties. The role requires that all orders and other items are processed efficiently and despatched on time; all order and stock related queries (e.g. damaged/faulty items) are dealt with promptly; stock levels are monitored with the Distribution Supervisor kept informed accordingly; the warehouse and other storage and despatch related areas kept clean and tidy at all times. The role also requires assistance and vigilance with the Health and Safety of the warehouse, which includes taking personal responsibility for your own Health and Safety and helping to ensure the Health and Safety of colleagues.
The Distribution Assistant must be organised and a good communicator by telephone and in writing, with good IT skills. The role requires a mature and responsible working manner. The person in this position also must be a team player with the ability to use their own initiative and be capable of multi-tasking. A forklift license is desirable but not essential.
- WAREHOUSE: 1 year (Preferred)
- DRIVING (Preferred)
- FLT (Preferred)
Order Processing Assistance
- Download and import of all Tumble Tots orders (Online Shop, Amazon) and amending files as necessary.
- Reconciliation of all orders to secure trading, chasing suspended secure trading transactions.
- Responding to order related customer queries (e.g. late/non-delivery, wrong/faulty items, etc.)
- Process orders from AVID system / receive orders from AVID.
- Print off all orders (Tumble Tots and AVID) and labels and payment reports each day
- Picking and packing of all orders (Tumble Tots and AVID).
- Picking and packing of Tumble Tots membership packs.
- Selecting the most cost effective despatch method (i.e. post or parcel).
- Daily order reconciliation (for Online Shop, Amazon)
- Receiving and processing Franchisee orders and handling related and queries
Stock Control Assistance
- Monitoring stock levels (e.g. merchandise, equipment, membership and programme materials).
- Receipt of all goods inward (AVID and Tumble Tots), paying attention to accuracy of goods received note and acting on any discrepancies.
- Spot checking items when required.
- Organising and participating in the Annual Stock Take
- Booking of all stock (AVID and Tumble Tots), equipment, programme materials, membership items onto the appropriate stock system.
- Ensuring all stock is stored in the correct location and making sure that all stock items are in saleable condition
- Efficiently and appropriately processing the handling of unwanted/damaged stocks/other items.
- Transferring stocks between equipment and merchandise.
Warehouse Duties Assistance
- Make sure warehouse is tidy and free of debris
- Take delivery of AVID and Tumble Tots stocks, equipment, programme and promotional materials and membership items.
- Label and where necessary palletise AVID orders, Tumble Tots Campaign literature and other related items/materials, ready for despatch by the due dates.
- Assist with deliveries into the warehouse, including items delivered on pallets
- Operate when required the Counterbalance and Fork Lift Reach Trucks within the warehouse, ensuring safe handling and storage of pallets/boxes
- Carry out Banksman duties as required.
- Undertake refresher Banksman and Fork Lift Truck training prior to expiry of Certificate.
- Ensure the warehouse, Despatch Office and Corridor are tidy and free of rubbish
- Ensure any rubbish/non-reusable packaging etc, is disposed of safely.
- Ensure the Health and Safety of all authorised personnel entering the warehouse and at all times take personal responsibility for your own Health and Safety.
- Report any Health and Safety issues to the Health & Safety Officer.
- Frank general post for daily collection.
- Collect equipment from suppliers (subject to motor insurance requirements).
- Driving van to deliver event equipment and assist at event setup/breakdown (subject to motor insurance requirements).
- Familiarise yourself with the companies Health and Safety policy and ensure you keep up to date with any changes in the policy.
- These are some of the duties required of the position, but it is not limited to these and other duties may be necessary.
Location and Remuneration
The position of Distribution Assistant is based at the Tumble Tots (UK) Ltd Head Office at Park Farm, Redditch, West Midlands, B98 0HU (from April 2017). The hours are Monday to Friday 9.00 am to 5.30 pm. Occasional weekend working will be required, with days taken in lieu. Annual leave entitlement is 20 days plus bank holidays, this rises by one day per year after five years to a maximum of 25. The salary will be based on minimum wage and the statutory auto enrolment pension is provided.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org