Hello Tumble Tots! Tommy’s and Tumble Tots are excited to host the first ever Tommy’s Tumblethon; where babies, toddlers and their parents come together to raise money for Tommy’s.
What is Tumblethon?
Tumblethon will be taking place in Tumble Tots classes nationwide during November. As this is often the first fundraising event the little ones will have ever done, it’s always pretty special. This year we are challenging little ones to dress up as a jungle animal and complete the following 10 challenges in a special jungle themed Tumblethon class.
- Monkey Climbing Can you bang on your coconuts and pretend to hide, climb and scratch like a monkey?
- Climbing & Tumbling Tumble Tots begin your Tumblethon adventure by climbing your way into the jungle and tumble through spotting all the different jungle animals
- Jumping Tree Frogs Show off your jumping skills and jump just like a Tree Frog, make sure to land on both feet!
- Slithering Snakes Snakes love to slither around the jungle floor, can you slither through the grass just like a snake?
- Monkey Swinging Not only do monkey’s love to climb but swinging through the jungle is what they find most fun!
- Balancing Flamingo’s With long legs, Flamingo’s are graceful as they balance, can our Tumble Tots balance just as well as Flamingo’s?
- Balancing & Stretching Giraffes With their long legs and necks, giraffes also balance so very carefully through the jungle!
- Climbing Cheetahs Cheetah’s are VERY clever; they can climb and hide in the top of trees…can you?
- Prowling & Roaring Lions Lions prowl their land, roaring as they go!!! Tumble Tots, how loud can you ROAR as you prowl?
- Rolling Armadillo Armadillo’s just love to roll about, we know all of Tumble Tots are fantastic rollers, so let’s see those rolls!
Tumblethon is a really fun experience for all involved, but there’s an important reason behind it too. Every year, 1 in 4 women lose a baby during pregnancy or birth. Tumble Tots is committed to supporting Tommy’s in reducing this unacceptable statistic that devastates families up and down the country.
So every mum, dad and baby taking part will be helping other babies who aren’t as lucky. And every pound raised, will help to save babies’ lives. To find out more about Tommy’s life-saving work, please watch our video.
How will the money be spent?
This year we are aiming to raise a wonderful £150,000 through the Tommy’s Tumblethon, which could help to fund our brand new Tommy’s research centre – the National Centre for Improving Maternity Care.
1 in 4 parents lose a baby through miscarriage, stillbirth or premature birth. Tommy’s knows that baby loss is preventable because people who are cared for in Tommy’s clinics are more likely to leave with healthy babies.
More and more people are travelling long distances to be looked after in a Tommy’s centre. Where you live shouldn’t determine if your baby lives. You can help fund a new Tommy’s centre dedicated to improving maternity care across the UK.
Everyone taking part in Tumblethon is encouraged to wear a jungle themed fancy dress costume! We have pulled together some ideas for you in this downloadable guide. Head over to Escapade fancy dress and use code “Tumble10” to get 10% discount off all full price items!
Going to all the effort of dressing up for Tumblethon and raising money for Tommy’s deserves some recognition. So Tommy’s have some fantastic prizes to send to each Tumble Tot for their first fundraising challenge. For every participant who raises even just a pound, a prize will be coming your way*:
- Raise £1+ to receive an exclusive Tumblethon certificate
- Raise £25+ to receive a certificate, a limited edition Tumblethon keyring and a streamer
- Raise £50+ to receive a certificate, a keyring, a streamer, an exclusive Tumblethon mini bear, 2 lummi sticks with 1 bean bag
- Raise £100+ to receive a certificate, a keyring, a streamer, a bear, 2 lummi sticks with 1 bean bag, a limited edition Tumblethon tote bag and a foam disc
- Raise £200+ to receive a certificate, a keyring, a streamer, a bear, 2 lummi sticks with 1 bean bag, a tote bag, a foam disc, a crocodile water bottle and a Tumble Tots Fun Adventures DVD
- Raise £300+ to receive a certificate, a keyring, a streamer, a bear, 2 lummi sticks with 1 bean bag, a tote bag, a foam disc, a crocodile water bottle, a Tumble Tots Fun Adventures DVD, an elephant hand puppet and a small Tumble Tots rag doll
Win a family ticket to Alton Towers! Everyone who fundraises will be entered in to a prize draw to win a family ticket to Alton Towers.
Got questions about the Tommy’s Tumblethon? Find your answers here!
Other fundraising ideas
If you don’t want to rely just on your social networks, there is a whole range of ways that you can raise money – from all the usual things like sitting in a bath of beans (if you fancy!), or organising a quiz night (if you have time!) But we know how busy parents with young children can be so we’ll share some ideas which won’t take too much organisation:
Get baking with your little one and sell them for a £1 donation at your work / partners work / school gates / book group.
Kiddy Kit Sale
Arrange a Kiddy Kit Sale to sell off that far-too-small-but-too-good-to-throw-away jumper or toys and raise money for Tumblethon. Whatever you do to raise money, collect it all and then pay it on to your JustGiving page.
Terms and Conditions
*Amounts exclude gift aid. In order to be eligible for any fundraiser prizes offered by Tommy’s or Tumble Tots all donations must be received by 6th December 2019. Prizes and certificates will be posted out at the end January 2020. Prizes are subject to availability and so may differ from images shown. To be entered into the prize draw for the Alton Towers family ticket, you must either fundraise through setting up your own JustGiving/Virgin Money Giving page or sending a completed sponsorship form to Tommy’s and your money must be received by Tommy’s by 6th December 2019. You cannot be entered into the prize draw for the Alton Towers family ticket if you only donate in class, or to someone else’s fundraising page, or to a shared class fundraising page.